Along with packing for travel, wondering what to wear and how to stay fashionable during travel days can be pretty tough. From hopping on a plane for a city break to a beach trip with the girls, we’ve got all the style tips and ideas you need.
This post contains affiliate links. Read disclosure here.
What To Wear During Travel
Staying comfortable is the main priority during travel days. Long plane rides and car rides to and from the airport can span several hours or days. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if we could just wear house slippers and pajamas? Let’s be serious, as nice as that sounds, we still want to look nice. You need a travel outfit that can see you through without breaking a sweat.
- Stretch leggings, luxe joggers, and soft denim jeans are a failsafe option for maximum comfort. Look for a cotton and lycra mix.
- Wrinkle-free fabrics are a good idea to keep your whole outfit looking chic and streamlined before and after car, plane or even boat rides.
- Temperature changes all the time during travel. Stay warm by bringing a sweater, leather jacket or trenchcoat in your carry on luggage.
- A plain baggy t-shirt or simple cami allows for comfort and layering as needed. And your accessories will look great too.
- Depending on your luggage allowance, wear your most comfortable pair of shoes. Ankle boots are fine as long as they’re broken in and light on the feet.
Accessories To Bring For Travel
As well as getting your travel outfit right for the plane, a few accessories will save your sanity during travel. Here’s our list of essential items you need to bring:
- An oversized scarf is a perfect multitasker – cover-up, pashmina, and blanket. Go for a wrinkle-free fabric. Trust us, you won’t regret this one.
- A hat is a must-have for travel, not only does it save it from being crushed in your luggage– it also doubles up as a hair saver.
- Socks are a necessity for long car, plane or bus rides. Go for anti-compression to stop your ankles from swelling during the plane ride.
- Jewellery – instantly brighten up your outfit with your favorite pieces. Wearing them as you travel means you save on the luggage weight too.
Bags And Luggage Ideas For Travel
Now you’ve got your travel outfits and accessories set, how to organize them all? Consider these bag and luggage deals.
- A carry on with four wheels is a great option for storing your heavier essentials, laptop or change of clothes.
- Pop your passport, kindle, lip essentials and boarding pass into a crossbody or shoulder bag.
- An overnight bag or duffle is also a great one to bring along to use as backup luggage for shopping or extra weight when you come back from your trip.
- If you have longer hair, a messy bun is a great idea. It will keep it out of your face and won’t show oil as well.
- Skipping the make-up might be a good idea but if you must I would opt for a natural look that can be easily touched up upon arrival or between planes.
- Choose a sports bra or one that offers full coverage and good support. Skip the underwire for the journey, all that sitting can cause it to dig into your ribs.
What is in your travel wardrobe? Let me know in the comments.