I don’t even know where to begin here. I was nominated for the Liebster Award! What?
I woke up this morning to an email from the lovely Angel Lou. I have been a follower of her blog for some time now and definitely recommend you give it a look. You can find her at https://missdlblog.wordpress.com/. I am so grateful to her for taking the time to consider me for this award.
I have seen many others who received this wonderful award and thought that maybe one day in the next six months I would have one too. I never expected this to happen so quickly for me but I am very glad it did. To be honest, I didn’t know much about this award before now. Like I said I had seen a few blogs that had gotten it recently but thought I had a little more time to look into what it is all about.
I feel so blessed to be able to write a blog that people want to read. I have enjoyed every step of the way.
So if you are reading this and have no idea what this is all about, this is an award for bloggers by bloggers. We nominate each other and ask questions to the nominee while answering our own.
The following instructions for accepting the award:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger that nominated you this award and link back to their blog.
- Write random facts about yourself that were provided by the presenter of the award.
- Create a new set of your own questions for other bloggers to answer.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
So here are the questions I was asked
- What is your regular job? For my regular job, I work for a large corporation as an assistant manager and business analyst. I have been with this company for nearly two years and while it affords me some freedoms to work on my blog, I am looking to make blogging my full-time career.
- How does it feel when someone leaves a negative comment on your blog posts? I have been lucky to not have had to deal with negativity yet. But I am sure it will come and when it does I will take it the best I can and try to learn from the experience. I have always welcomed constructive criticism. I also am quite good at ignoring the “internet trolls”. The more popular you are the more opinions you will find.
- Does your family know that you are blogging? The short answer here is yes. My husband and children know and so do most others (because they are following me on facebook). I do not think any of them read it though. With the exception of my mother-in-law.
- What made you decide to blog? I have always enjoyed writing and this felt like the perfect fit. I set my own rules and people can love it or not. But this is me 100%. Here I can write what makes me happy without having to please a publisher.
- Is there someone who inspired you to blog. I have wanted to start a blog for a long time but when I read Marzia’s Life, I realized that I could do this. I do share information but she helped me see that I could be myself while blogging. I don’t have to be all about facts or try to hide my weird sense of humor. That made me decide to jump right in.
- What are your biggest expectations with your blog? I would like to see this blog provide me with more free time. That way I can be with my family more often. I would also like to use this to get out of my comfort zone.
- How much time do you spend on your blog? The easier question would be how much time don’t I spend. I work on it physically about 7-10 hours daily and think about it constantly. I am always making notes on things I want to write about or planning my next trip in posts. It is a little all-consuming for me but I do take 2 days off each week.
- Do you feel pressure being in the blogging world? At first, I felt tons of pressure. So many other blogs were so much prettier or better written. I spent more time thinking about how I would never measure up. Then someone said something to me that changed all of that. “Don’t compare your beginning to someone else’s middle”. That hit home for me and now I just do what makes me happy and let the rest do what makes them happy.
- What keeps you going? My love of writing keeps me going. I haven’t seen a huge amount of growth or a huge amount of income but I truly love doing this. I am at a point in my life now where all I want to do is what makes me happy and writing does that.
- What is the greatest gift you received this year? This year has been tough for me. I lost my father not too long ago and one of my children turned 18 and moved far away. I have received many gifts but the best would have to be my weekend of freedom with my daughter. Before all the tough stuff this year, we took a little weekend trip to Tennessee and that was a much-needed break from the day to day grind.
Random facts about me
- I am a huge video game nerd. I have played video games since I was 5 years old and love them as much now as I did then.
- Ironman is my favorite Marvel character. I just like that he is who he is with no apologies.
- I am really into horror movies. Even the cheesy B horror of the 80s (yes I am that old).
For this Award, I Nominate
- Louise Hudson
- Backyarding and Kids
- Rains Joepera
- Wild Pretty Things
- Rise and Brine
- Girl on the Wander
- The Good Life with Amy French
- Bright Copper Kettles
Here are your questions
- Why did you start blogging?
- What are your blog goals for 2018?
- What keeps you motivated?
- What is your passion outside of blogging?
- Is your family supportive of your blog?
- What is your favorite blog post of yours for 2017 and why?
- How do you find balance in blogging and your personal life?
- What is your 5-year goal?
- Who is your biggest inspiration for your blog?
- What is the biggest lesson you have learned about blogging since you first started?
Again thank you so much for this humbling honor. Please share your thoughts on my answers below or if there is anything else you would like to know.